Jr. System Administrator
The Jr. System Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation / configuration, operation, and maintenance of end-user hardware and software systems. This individual will assist the Systems Administrator in day to day tasks in addition to building and distributing hardware to end-users. This individual is responsible for assisting in the monitoring and managing the operational health of the corporate network and user hardware. Responsibilities on these systems include imaging and configuring new computers, troubleshooting network issues, managing software installations and patches and providing insight and knowledge during design discussions.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferable in a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
- Two years of hands-on system administration experience working in an enterprise environment
- Being a rapid learner and enthusiastic about working in a dynamic continuous improvement environment.
- Excellent knowledge of all current Windows operating systems: Windows 2007, 10, Server 2008, Server 2012
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of device imaging using Acronis or similar software.
- Knowledge of Network security best practices.
- SQL/Database experience
- Cable Management/Datacenter organizational skills.
- Experience in troubleshooting issues at a remote end-user site.
- Prior experience working in a regulated environment that requires SOX, PCI, or HIPAA related processes and controls.
Solution Design & Provisioning
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for system administration tasks.
Operations and Support
- Participate in a team rotation related to daily system monitoring, verifying the availability/performance of system resources, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
- Participate in ongoing security monitoring and capacity management activities to ensure predictable / stable operational health and diagnose/remediate issues when necessary.
- Provide technical assistance to users within the corporate structure based on their needs.
- Provide escalation support to our internal service desk team and backup coverage when needed.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
Our talent network sends job alerts and new positions that match your skills and experience – straight to your inbox!Join